- Mono Power Amplifier
Power and Precision
Class A has long been the audiophile’s gold standard in amplifier technology. Today however, we are at the brink of widespread Class D audiophile adoption. Why? Because modern Class D audio is on a par with the performance of Class A, but with additional benefits not enjoyed by traditional amplifier designs. Modern class D technology can bring lower distortion, lower noise and lower output impedance at very substantial power levels compared to classical class A or class AB amplifier designs. Furthermore, whereas traditional amplifiers unavoidably have a sonic imprint, class D amplifiers can be created with no sonic signature at all – just pure powerful music.
The sound of the DAS Mono Power Amplifier is crisp, transparent, spacious, detailed, very fast, very smooth with startling physical presence and impressive heft and punch and meatiness in the lower registers, when required.
The DAS Mono Power Amplifier is a class D amplifier with a sophisticated analogue input stage combining high energy efficiency with substantial power reserves of 850W (4 Ω) respectively 500W (8 Ω), extended bandwidth of 10Hz – 90kHz, wide dynamic range of 121 dB(A), and exceptionally low distortion of 0.004% THD+N.
The DAS Mono Power Amplifier tightly controls any speaker drive unit with a damping factor >1,000. With its high current and low output impedance output stage, you can comfortably drive any speaker load without compromise in frequency response.
Due to its class D topology, the efficiency exceeds 84% in both amplifier and power supply sections, which secures cool operation and extended product lifetime. Combined with the low idle consumption, being 5 to 10 times lower than in comparable Class AB amplifiers, the DAS Mono Power Amplifier is not just the right choice for the discerning audiophile, but also a conscientious choice if you care for the environment.
Price: EUR 3,490.- (incl. VAT)
- Substantial power reserves of 850W (4 Ω) respectively 500W (8 Ω) (at 1kHz and 1%THD+N)
- Differential, fully balanced design
- High quality input stage with high precision MosFet OpAmps, foil coupling capacitators, airtight gold-plated relay contacts etc.
- High damping factor of >1,000 will provide tight control for any speaker driver unit
- Flat audible frequency response of 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-0.3dB)
- Exceptionally low distortion of 0.004% THD+N in 8 Ω and 0.0006% Intermodulation
- Wide bandwidth of 10Hz – 90kHz (+/-3dB)
- Wide dynamic range of 121 dB(A) (at 500W and 4 Ω)
- Energy efficiency >84% (at 500W and 8 Ω)
- Soft start power control circuitry to eliminate high inrush currents when A/C power is applied
- Thermal Protection circuitry to prevent damage due to overheating
- Overcurrent Protection to prevent damage and interference due surges and noise from the mains line
- Massive chassis construction optimized to minimize vibration and electromagnetic interferences
- Output Binding Posts: Furutech One-Piece Wire-Wound, gold plated
- Technical Specs
- Output Power: 850W (at 4 Ω) respectively 500W (at 8 Ω) (at 1kHz and 1%THD+N)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise in 8 Ω: 004% (100Hz, 1W)
- Output Referenced Idle Noise: 55 μV (A-weighted, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Nominal Voltage Gain: 34,4dB (1kHz)
- Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz: +/-0.3dB
- Bandwidth: 10Hz – 90kHz (+/-3dB, 8 Ω)
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB (A-weighted, at 500W and 4 Ω)
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.0006% (18,5kHz, 1kHz at 10W)
- Output Impedance: 21 mΩ (1kHz)
- Switching Frequency: 540kHz (idle)
- Damping Factor: >1,000 (100Hz, 8 Ω)
- Maximum Output Current: 30A
- Quiescent Power Consumption (amplifier disabled/enabled): 7 / 14W
- Energy Efficiency: 84.4% (at 500W and 8 Ω)
- Analogue In: 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA (Switch)
- Output Binding Posts: Furutech One-Piece Wire-Wound, gold plated, accepting banana plugs, spade lugs and stripped bare wire up to 4.5mm
- Massive chassis made from aluminum with separate internal chambers for all functional sections in order to minimize electromagnetic and vibration interference
- Finishes: brush-finished Aluminum, Silver or Black anodized, with side panels with various options in aluminum or wood
- Dimension: 255 x 140 x 360 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: ca. 10 kg
- Content goes here